What is our mission?
Our mission is to connect people touched by diabetes (individuals who live with type 1, type 2 and other types of diabetes, as well as their loved ones)
We want to provide:
Empathy- A positive environment where our members support and help each other. This doesn’t mean it’s all roses all the time, but it means that, overall, we strive for maintaining an encouraging and supportive space for all people touched by diabetes.
Support, regardless your diabetes type- We promote active and proactive actions to stay healthy while living with diabetes.
Valuable information- We encourage the exchange of information and storytelling about diabetes. We believe the community as a whole will have access to far more information and resource than any particular individual and we want to learn about it.
Respect- We value diverse points of view. All people touched by diabetes are welcome. You may find opinions and positions that are not similar to yours, and it’s OK to disagree. It’s just not OK to do so in a disrespectful manner. If you are unsure about whether something may be disrespectful to others, try to put yourself in the shoes of the other person and consider how you would feel if you were on the receiving end of the comments/contribution you are making.
Patience and Tolerance- We embrace openness and authenticity, as long as it doesn’t conflict with the other values. If you disagree with someone else’s comment, in reply to something you contributed to the community, as long as it was a comment that was made in alignment with these values, don’t delete it. Doing so shows no respect for the other person’s comment.
We want to keep our community FREE of:
- Judgmental tones.
- Promotional asks for members contact information to sell products, websites, fundraisers, or seminars.
- Spam- unsolicited or repetitive messages.
- Sales ads or the intention to distribute ANY product.
- SALES, GIVEAWAYS or EXCHANGES of prescription items.
- Asks to sign petitions of any kind.
- Medical advice or prescribing to modify treatment.
- Research without prior authorization.
- Offensive language.
- Libelous or defamatory postings.
- Posts containing hate, misogynistic, sexist, or racist content.
- Pictures, or text containing expressions of abuse, hate, offensive conduct, obscenity, pornography, sexually explicit or material that could be used to raise civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations or may be in conflict with these Terms of Services of the community.
- Hostile or disrespectful content towards any member of the community, including moderators and staff.
- Postings unrelated to the original topic (“off-topic”)
- More than one profile on TuDiabetes or any impersonation, in any mode of communication.
- Topics or posts which are disruptive, harmful or damaging to the “community” (as opposed to another member)
- Malicious gossip and trolling for dates are not tolerated on TuDiabetes.
- Political debates.
Last updated: 2/26/2018