Howdy Stranger

I know I haven’t been around much and I apologize. Dialysis has really worn me out, I’m weak and constantly tired. We’re still looking for a donor and I’ve done my evaluation testing. If you would like to know more or would like to help please visit my FB page by clicking here. The issue with having fluid accumulate around my lungs has been resolved for the most part. Because I do not urinate anymore fluid builds up in my body and the only way to get rid of it is through dialysis, they set a certain “dry weight” for you to reach each session, my goal at first was set too high. After some reconfiguration we set a new goal and it’s really made a difference. I was really hoping that we would be in transplant mode by now but since I have no donor I am stuck waiting. I understand the thought of surgery is scary and then having to give up an organ is equally frightening. All I can say is that donors have it pretty easy, they’re in and out within a couple days, there’s very minimal scarring, your lifestyle doesn’t change post surgery, and all costs (except travel if you live somewhere else) are taken care of by the American Kidney Fund and my insurance. Other than share that info all I can do is hope for someone with a very generous heart… or should I say kidney? :stuck_out_tongue: