I need your help with dex com!

I JUTS STARTED WITH DEX COM THE ON WENDSDAY LA FIRT NIGHT woke me up low beep i guess i did,t hear the vibrate acording with dexcom i was 42 but and then went up to 72 i enter a calibration of 110 and it went up to 110 so i call they told it can be 20 % off what ever number i have and still ok they told me if happens againg enter bg 3 times if the first does not work and if happens agaig call them back it migth be a problem with mi sensor maybe i need a new one the second nigth hapens again low 50 enter bgof 143 went up to 74 need to repeted 2 more times went up to 183 does any body has sme problem i going to call againg thank you

This drove me crazy too when I used the dexcom as well. I frequently had false low alarms at night. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to what number comes up initially on the reciever when you recallibrate either. Give it some time-- It's a very finicky device.. placement seems to be key too. I didn't use the dex long enough to be an expert, but I had a few sensors work great, and a few drive me crazy-- I think mostly attributable to placement. I had a hard time finding areas with enough fat on me to get the sensor to work right-- injected in areas with too little fat I definitely observed the same issues you describe.

Perhaps you have slept on the side of the sensor. This reduced the blood circulation in the sensor area. Then the local tissue consumed the floating carbs in this area and your sensor reported this local low.

thank you foy a need sensorr you comments i will tr

thank you for comments ;now is working better its not perfect but i think dexcom its heplful specially when bg is getting low

Be patient with learning how the Dexcom behaves. I love mine, and do get some readings at night that are not as accurate as the readings during the day, however, when I finally wake to the Dexcom telling me I am below my low set point, it is almost always correct - that my blood sugar is lower than I want to be especially during the night. I have found that my dex tends to be more accurate when I calibrate in the morning after I have been up and moved around for a while and when I have sugars that are fairly stable - not with arrows trending up or down. Again the same in the evening - I have more success with calibrations when the sugars are stable - i.e. my dex may be reading I am 120 but my finger stick says 160. If my dex is showing a upward trending arrow, I do not calibrate at that time. I wait for dex to have a level arrow before I enter a calibration. Means a few more finger sticks at times, but I tend to have more accurate results with the Dex. And it took me about 4 sensors to begin to figure out what works for me when I began. Good luck!

While as handy and usefull, the dexcom and some of the aspects of its operation on interstitial tissue can be maddening.

I found myself keeping the caveman machine handy at all times and when curious events happen, then get the caveman machine rolling and take fingetsticks.

This technology suffers from:

inability to track fast changes in blood stream. There can be long delays and hickups on readings due to delays in interstialial blood /sugar contents as well as restricted blood flow due to laying on body flesh.

sensors suffer from body rejection and efforts by body to wall off the sensor as intruder in ones body.

the technology needs the timely caveman fingerprick calibrations to correct out the remaining oxygen in tissues and thus drifts.

As long as blood glucose values are smooth, steady and slow changing; the readings and tracking of caveman machine and dexcom was usually very good.

The +/-20 per cent argument is in my mind cover for lack of understanding and how machine and body operate. SOme folks need to get off that cheap inageqaute argument and excuse making.

Good luck with your dexcom and best wishes with the diabetes.