Ibuprofen vs Acetaminophen is one better?

Whats your preference???
We were moving my sister in law over the weekend and I saw my father-in-law (who is type 2 and on insulin as well) taking Acetaminophen when I knew he preferred Ibuprofen. I asked him why the switch. He began to tell me that the endo told him that Ibuprofen can be Insulin inhibiting??? Has anyone heard this before???
I take both!!! Not regularly but, for a headache I prefer Acetaminophen but, Ibuprofen will do!!!

I had heard that ibuprofen was harder on your liver, but not that it effected insulin uptake. I take both, depending on what part of me hurts…

I try to avoid both and just use cannabis for this sort of problem (legal in my state). It is very effective and virtually harmless. NSAIDs like ibuprofen kill thousands of people each year. No one has ever died due to cannabis’ action on the body.

Ibuprofen is hard on the liver and will increase the chances of liver and kidney damage. I stick with Tylenol or Aspirin.

Actually, you have that backwards. Tylenol is processed in the liver, and it’s important to follow the dosing recommendations on the bottle, not exceeding the maximum daily dose. My nephrologist told me not to take ibuprofen because it’s processed in the kidneys.

Yup, I’ve also been told that ibuprofen is “nephrotoxic” - it can cause kidney damage. Why risk it?

Thanks to all who replied!!!