Im pregant

hi im type 1 for 16 years and just found out im 7 weeks pregnant my last a1c was 7.2 not great i know i also have hypothyroid which is low again and tablets increased yesterday im so scared of things going wrong birth defects miscarriage etc anybody else been down this road i would love some advice

Check out the blog sixuntilme

Kerri Sparling does a nice job talking about her pregnancy and handling diabetes at the same time.

Enjoy this time, don’t stress out too much-just keep in mind you have a little bit more to manage.

Another great book: Balancing Pregnancy with Pre-Existing Diabetes: Healthy Mom, Healthy Baby by Cheryl Alkon

Congratulations!!

Jaynadems,

Thanks for the book mention!

Plumsugar, check out the resources here, DiabeticMommy.com, the boards on DiabetesForums, and the Yahoo groups PositiveDiabeticPregnancies and DiabeticMoms. I’ve also blogged about my current and first pregnancy at my blog. Managing the Sweetness Within. (www.thesweetnesswithin.blogspot.com).

Good luck!

–Cheryl
www.cherylalkon.com/book.php

I am also type 1 Diabeteic, have been for 28 years now. I am now pregnant with my 3rd child. It is a challenge but I wouldn’t trade the end results for anything!