Insurance rant

Given your facts as stated, why would the pharmacist provide 6 vials for 62 units per day for a 90 day script? I would think your script would have to be written for 67 units per day for 90 days to actually hit the 6000 units?

Rounding.

5,580 is more than half a vial.

At least, that is what the pharmacist told me when I questioned what I was getting.

Maybe I would show up after getting a new prescription for 30-62 and they would only fill it for 80 days…(5) 10 mL vials / 62 units = 80.6 days.

It is all a game - and I need to step up my game, and somehow keep my integrity in the process.

True. Once you figure out the rules then you can play to win. It is when the rule book is secret that it gets difficult.

1 Like

You are right. I don’t know why I don’t go for treatments to the insurance company office and cut out the middle man (my doctor).
Had cancer surgery 1.5 years ago. Both the doctor and hospital had to get pre-approval from the insurance company before they could remove the cancer.
2 days after the surgery I get a letter from UHC telling me that upon consideration THEY felt the surgery was necessary. So nice of them.

1 Like

Yes, you are right. CVS has their rules and they interpret them to their benefit every time.

I am actually a bit surprised they gave you that much given your prescription of 30 - 60 units/day. They could have averaged the dose and based your 90-day supply on 45 units/day.

Remembering that you have to “play the game” (in order to stay alive), I would ask your endo to rewrite your prescription to read “67 units/day” like @Tim35 suggests.

1 Like