JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes

Is anyone out there participating in the JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes? I know they’re looking looking for cyclists in the New York City area. Has anyone ever done this before? I’ve heard lots of good things.

I’m doing my 6th Ride to Cure this October in Death Valley this year. Do it! It’s a fantastic experience.

How long is the ride in Death Valley? What’s the date? I’m always looking for more rides! (I’m in Fresno).

I just did the Philadelphia ride on June 5th. I did the 64 mile (100Km) distance ride and it was great!
I rode with Team Red, and helped organize training rides. My son has type 1 and I did the ride for him and to raise funds for the ADA. They sponsored his summer camp this year and I wanted to give back what I can.

If you can do it! Do it! It’s a wonderful experience and a great workout!

You have three different optios for mileage in DV, but this year’s ride in that location has already filled up. It’s one of the most popular rides each year. It’s usually held in mid-October. Look for signups around February. The options for miles are 35, 62 and 105. The turnaround for the century includes a five mile climb up to Jubilee Pass.

I signed on with 8 others in Austin, Tx to represent in Vermont on July 14. We have been training together since March.