Just one of those days

This is just venting. Today was just one of those days where you feel like you can’t win.

Son was high before lunch, so I left work early to pre-bolus him for his lunch to bring him down before he ate… hanging around daycare for half an hour for him to eat. When he does sit down, the kid sitting next to him accidentally knocked almost his entire lunch on the floor.

So, I raided the preschool rice-cake stash and guesstimated based on the pile of food on the floor how much extra insulin he had in his system. I tried to cajole him to eat the rice cake (marginally more nutritious than a glucose tab), but he still was dipping low before nap, so I gave him a glucose tab.

Now he’s hovering at 200 and I know he’ll be stuck here for the rest of nap, as his numbers never budge once he’s asleep. All told I’ve spent 2 hours fiddling with his BGs with such awful results.

I guess you win some and you lose some, but days like this really bite!

it really bites doesn’t it! I sometimes think of d as a monster from your worst nightmare, just when you’re feeling like you have wrangled it into some kind of understanding, it knocks you down and steps on your neck while laughing and snarling

Marie, T1D
49 years today dx

3 Likes

Happy? Diaversary

1 Like

@Tia_G
Big hugs for this day to end
And a new one to begin tomorrow!

I’ve had one of those days, too. Blood sugar has ranged from 40 to 285. But the upside is that I think back 10 years ago, before a pump and CGM, when this range was every day for me. So, that makes it a little less hard, though still annoying!

1 Like

Some days just suck. My daughter has fought lows since yesterday afternoon, despite cutting basals & not bolusing for much of anything. Not sure what’s going on (hoping it’s not an impending stomach bug), but I do know it will pass. Just have to buckle up & hold on.

@MarieB, that’s a long time to count the wins. Congrats!

1 Like

Thoughts with you and your little man.

Here’s my son and our numbers today. You re not alone.

1 Like

Some days diabetes just SUCKS.

From one D-mom to another, I hear you!

Hang in there!:heart: