Just wondering

I'm reading your history page, noting where it says you're not sure what type you are. It may not be a bad idea to get a second opinion and/ or fire the current doctor, if there's another one (or, hopefully, two or three...) where you live? I know many people in the "well, let's see how it goes" phase but it seems like the doc is being very conservative and may be damaging you in the process? The fact that you found tudiabetes.org/forums shows that you are smart and deserve a doctor that is too.

yeah. the reason I am not sure is because I was diagnosed by a NP as type 2 and put on oral meds.... they did absolutely NOTHING. and then I was referred to a GP who said that I was type 1 and put me on insulin injections... but it was a set dose in the AM and PM and before meals too.... and my BG never changed..... so I found this new Dr. through a referral from a friend... who says he is doing good helping her control her type 2. the new Dr. has not told me what I am but for the first time he ordered a c-peptide check.... no one else ever did that and they are checking my thyroid finally.... there aren't really that many doctors where I live.... (the problem with living in a VERY small town) but I am learning a lot here and I am learning what questions to ask..... and yeah the damage is what I am worried about.... I already had the numbness in my toes and the arch of my foot but yesterday started a VERY sharp pain in the ball of my foot just behind my toes every time I take a step and my ankle has "electric shocks" in it when I try to relax.... the pain in my foot is so bad I can't walk without tennis shoes on.... and I love wearing flip flops....

well, I went to the doc today and it was actually good news.... my sugars have come down by about 200 points.... they are still in the mid 200's though.... but he changed me from the novolog mix to the novolog pen..... and kept me at my doses.... but he added kombiglyze xr to my meds.... he said that this should help a lot.... and I have an appointment with a nutritionist and diabetes educator next Monday......thank you all for the advice and the comments....