List your movies/tv shows or books that include diabetic roles

Yeah, that’s it. A few books about diabetes I like are The Discovery of Insulin and Bittersweet. Both have really awesome accounts of the historical side of diabetes. They are both non fiction.

Thanks frank. Keep up that awesome diabetic art you do!!!

So another one for the list…

-Derailed (2005 Jennifer Aniston, Clive Owen, Rated-R)

Army Wives is a series. One of the wives find out she is type 2 and they have touched on her adjusting to it in a few of the episodes.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&v=p48RkHid9Jg

who in porky’s was diabetic?

Wasn’t the reason that she was told not to have a baby because she already had complications from poor control of her diabetes and the added stress of the pregnancy was dangerous for that reason? I haven’t watched it in years but that is what I remember.
Does anyone else remember it this way?

This isn’t a movie/tv show…it’s a book.
“Metal Jam
the story of a diabetic”, by Teresa McLean British author…the book may be out of print; copyright was 1985. Awesome in conveying that diabetes is not a death sentence…nor is it cause to not partake in life, though the author and book’s main character has been subjected to many lows/highs/trips to ER, she nevertheless travels to various countries, teaches, writes, has a child, and does pretty much what the average person does without letting diabetes get in the way.

Weird. I just watched a Lifetime Movie named Eight Days to Live that described itself as being about a “mother’s 19 year old diabetic son disappears, she must race against the clock to find her son and save his life.” I watched it to see how off it would be, and didn’t hear any mention at all of diabetes!

I haven’t seen that movie Zoe but I google it a little. It looks like it’s based on a true story about a type1 diabetic in Canada. Maybe the description you read was about the true life part. But you would think with that title (eight days to live) they would have mentioned it some.

TV show…Brothers & Sisters…Sally Field’s granddaughter

I got a really good one for you!!! This is totally true… I saw this today!!!

On the Maury Povich show… There was a husband who had a secret to tell his wife. The secret was he became a male prostitute -servicing male and female clients- to help buy DIABETIC PRESCRIPTION DRUGS for his wife who is DIABETIC. Of course when the wife comes out and hears this she falls apart. I don’t know if she is Type 1 or Type 2. i don’t want to guess because it would be a stereotyping. The episode was funny to me.

I wonder would my boyfriend would prostitute himself for me to buy prescriptions ----that is true love!!!

I just saw the trailer for chocolate. It looks good. I saw in the trailer the girl lines up her m&m’s then she ate a HUGE handful of them. Interesting.

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axf_EXzF_qM
Here is the trailer I found.

At first I was thinking of the movie Chocolat which is totally different.

Misstressbinky-

Did you mean Chocolat or Chocolate. I just watched Chocolate and didn’t see any diabetics in it. Let me know. You must have meant Chocolat?
?
:slight_smile:

HAHA

I just got a message from misstressbinky and the movie with diabetic roles is Chocolat not a movie with a similar title named Chocolate. I think it’s funny because I probably never would have watched that movie and It turned out that I thought it was really coooool even though no diabetic roles.

Grey’s Anatomy, 6th Season - in one episode there’s a guy weighting like over 600 pounds who has type-2-diabetes :slight_smile:

There was also an episode of Intervention with a guy who did not take his insulin and his parents used the intervention to save his life.

Of course they portray the type 2 as being obese!!!

How bout books? I’m not much of a TV person…but what books are there in which a character has diabetes?

We can add Hanna Montana to the list. Her friend Oliver comes out as a Type 1 diabetic episode and Miley and Lily find out and try to be the food police to “save” him. It was done in a cute manner and still got the point across.

CSI: Vegas, the character of Lady Heather is diabetic - type 1