List your movies/tv shows or books that include diabetic roles

I saw this episode!! It was an Italian resturant… and they had an ADA fundraiser at a bowling alley.

There is an Onstar radio ad where a man is loosing conscience and he is asked if he is a Diabetic. He answered that he was a veteran and Diabetic.

In the movie " SPECIES" the rich guy that picked up the alien/human lady…she would not "mate " with him because he had a “disease”… the policeman picked up a used vile of insulin and said coldly… “DIABETIC”… Mark

That movie gave me such a complex, for years thought having kids would be like suicide.

So much for Hollywood getting it right. Huh?

its stacey i still read those booksand the name of the epesoide was the truth about stacey I love those books

about Species - That sounds kind of funny. Mean, but funny.

…And for TV shows actually Reality TVshows…

• American Idol (C.Bowersox)
  • Celebrity Apprentice (B.Michaels)
  • American Idol - Randy Jackson (T2)

My all time favorite ,Srubs. Turk is a diabetic . Even though he is a doctor ,he often eats wrong because of emotional issues .

There was another guy on that show that was diabetic too. I am not a fan but I do remember hearing about it.

When I comment to my EX BOYFRIEND that I wanted to have kids. He asked me had I ever seen STEEL MAGNOLIAS. Of course, I am from S. Louisiana. He proceeds to tell me how Shelby got pregnant and died because she had Diabetes. I looked at him and laughed. I told lots of diabetic women have babies all the time. I really don’t remember what was her exactly condition besides being a Type 1.

You are right. Elliot Yamin from American idol. Type 1.

Also, besides TVshows and Movie roles, please list any BOOKS that have diabetic roles.

In Nurse Jackie, the character Thor is a diabetic. In one episode he was stumbling around while trying to assist in treating a patient, and later he’s confronted about it (nobody else noticed that he was having an issue) and that he was going to have to get it together. I can’t exactly remember but I think he explained that he was fearful that if the boss found out that he was having this trouble that it he might end up not being allowed to work in the ER anymore (get a desk job or something like that). I remember that whatever his explanation was, it didn’t exactly ring true with his explanation, but I suppose close enough… it wasn’t too far off.

I have seen 2 episodes of Intervention. One with a guy who was addicted to cocaine, the other addicted to crack and both T1. I cant even imagine damage occurring between D and addiction.

The Panic room with Jodi foster her daughter goes into a hypoglycemic event somewhere around 65 mg/dl
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2896101657/
The Altmans make several attempts to call for help, including signaling a nearby neighbor (whom they can only see through the opening of a ventilation pipe) with a flashlight and tapping into the main telephone line to call for help (because Meg has not yet hooked up the panic room’s buried phone line). Only one works; the two get through to Meg’s ex-husband and Sarah’s father, Stephen (Bauchau), before the burglars cut them off. To make matters worse, Sarah suffers a seizure due to hypoglycemia caused by her diabetes and unfortunately her emergency glucose syringe is in the refrigerator, located in her bedroom upstairs.

The Diabetic sceen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SykcVYwupIM

That movie looks freaky! Thanks for the link! That is the girl from twilight huh? She knows how to pick freaky movies i guess.

It’d be awesome to see such a database. So far some of the movies people have listed I have seen. There was one with Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston. I can’t think of the name. I can’t attest to its accuracy. I believe the type 1 daughter in the film had kidney failure. This would seem rather abrupt unless there was some other cause than the type 1. I’m on year twenty-eight and my kidneys are okay.

The movie “Derailed” comes up on a google search. Is that the one Frank?

I also want to know about any BOOKS that have diabetic T1 or T2 roles. (???)