Lost Connection

My 12 year old son was diagnosed with Type 1 a year and a half ago. He has been on the OmniPod for about 8 months now and it has made managing his diabetes so much easier. He is very active, skateboarding, snowboarding, and most other sports. We have had very few problems with the Omnipod and we are very happy with it. However, we are looking for input regarding our recent snowboarding trip where the PDM kept losing connection with the Pod and we went through all 5 pods we brought with us for a 4 day vacation. Customer support was very helpfull but we could not figure out why the PDM kept losing connection. I have read about other OmniPod users who lost connection from the microwave or static electricity. When returning home from the trip to change his pod, out of the blue, the PDM was able to find connection. Confused by why the PDM was able to reconnect to the Pod, i remembered one of the local telling me about an underground U.S. defense site on the mountain next to us. Has anyone experienced or heard of lost connections near a military site or similar secure site. I am just searching for possible explanations as to why we kept losing connection and having to change his pod(s).

It does sound like there must have been some kind of interference. I haven’t experienced anything like that yet but it does make me nervous about what they might be doing under that mountain!

My 4 year old has been using the OmniPod for two months now. When we took a trip to Scotland we experienced some major problems with our pods. We went through 8 pods in 10 days. Most of the time the pod never passed diagnostic checks (5 of them), but sometimes the pod seems to just stop. I’m not sure if traveling, i.e., air travel, played a part in it. I’m not sure our experience is related directly to yours though.