Low Carb/ADA

I just read that the ADA has reported that a lower carb diet increases the remission rates in T2. !!! How can anyone believe the ADA when they are decades behind in dealing with T2? When I started low carb after being diagnosed with an A1c of 12.0 in 2009, I was. Warned I was killing my self. My A1c has since ranged from 5.6 to 6.3 diet and exercise only.

1 Like

I’m reminded of “The West Wing” episode when C.J. asks Sam for help understanding the census.

C.J. expresses to Sam that she has been faking her understanding of the census and after some banter back and forth Sam replies …

“Okay. Let’s… I tell you what, let’s forget the fact that you’re coming a little late to the party and embrace the fact that you showed up at all.”

1 Like

They stopped printing their magazine. Nancy50

Yes, they still teach a moderately high carb diet. My Endo said keep it under 100, which is still high. When I had pre diabetes and milder diabetes, I could easily eat 120 carbs a day, maybe more. Then in 2018, that dramatically changed. I try to keep it between 30-50 carbs a day, lower if I can. I got some blood work back recently. Low and behind, my cholesterol and LDL cholesterol had dropped 30 points into the normal range. With all this said, I have also noticed that low calorie and more of a pescatarian diet also helps my blood sugar. For me, meats can slowly turn into glucose. I say, keep an eye on your blood work and blood sugar levels and do what works for you.