Me

Well finding out I had diabetes was a shocker! I thought I was in perfect health and some what invincible when it came to health problems. Boy was I wrong!! When I found out, my glucose level was 681 and I weighed around 260 pounds I know that sounds like a lot and it is but, I am 6'4 and I like to work out. I found out a little over two weeks ago and I hit the tread mill hard and have gotten down to 245 pounds and on my way to 210 pounds. With the weight loss and my medicine and the diet I placed my self on I have kept the glucose level between 95 and 125 for the last 4 days and I am very happy about that.

My name is John and here is a little about me. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for 17 years, I am 40 years old and we have 4 kids ranging from 16-20 years old. She had two kids when we met and I had one and we had one together, but they are all ours and we love them more than life its self.

I like to hunt and fish and play basketball and watch football. I love my family very much so they take up most of my time... I believe in Jesus Christ and he is my Lord and Savior and I am proud to be a part of his family.. I do not judge people if I can help it and I try to help anyone that could use it. I believe we are all born different, but equal and our decisions are what makes us who we are. I am not any better than a beggar on the street and I look down my nose at no one.. If you ask, I'll tell you and if you dont like what I tell you, you might not want to ask again. You will always get the truth from me.

I want some coco krispies... LOL!!!! and cant have them.. That sucks... LOL!!!

Hi JBird:

I enjoyed reading your blog. I was diagnosed with Type 2 in 5/2006. How are things going?