Medtronic exchange for some Guardian 3 Transmitters

Medtronic is exchanging some guardian 3 transmitters to lesson or curtail the loop issue. If your transmitter is a version 1 or 2 you may be able to receive a new transmitter.

Go to this site

https://info.medtronicdiabetes.com/bgcheck

to check if your transmitter is part of the exchange and how to proceed.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. I submitted my request. Two days ago I was requested to enter a BG in the middle of a calibration.

Thank you very much for the link! Will recommend this to my cousin Vinny.

Thanks! I donā€™t know how soon they would have been letting us know, but it never hurts to be at the top of the list! The repeated Enter BG messages are definitely the one thing that frustrates me, so hopefully this will make that a thing of the past! Itā€™s a great thing to have people like you here to help us learn about these things ASAP! Thanks!

When I finished submitting my request, I received a confirmation e-mail advising that shipment should be made in 90 to 12o days on a first come basis.

Gee, you are fortunate. I tested the 670G for three years, ending this past August. Now as a Medicare recipient I either have to pay out of pocket for supplies or switch to system my insurance will cover which I think is a backward step. Canā€™t even get my endo to respond to me. All I need is a prescription for supplies. Fortunately, I have the funds to do this, but am so tired of resistance from med establishment.

If your endo refuses to respond to you, I would probably try to get a new endo. All patients should be given a prescription for supplies. If your insurance wants to make you use a different system, Iā€™m not sure what to say, but you still shouldnā€™t have to pay for supplies out of your own pocket.

Received an e-mail from Medtronic today advising that my G3 free replacement transmitter will be shipped in 3 - 5 weeks.

Same here, I am looking forward to the (hopefully) fewer Enter BG messages, hopefully they serve us both well!

I received my new transmitter a couple days ago, and am currently using it for the first time (I changed it yesterday morning, so today is my first full day with the new transmitter). So far, I havenā€™t had any repeated BG requests (although 1.5 days isnā€™t a lot to judge by, but so far so good). However, one thing that I had happen today was receiving the Max Delivery, even though my numbers have been good (what I refer to as in the green on the pump display) for the last 4 hours or so. The microboluses have all been <0.100, there were even a few 5 minute periods with no microbolus at all. If I remember correctly from when I first got my 670G & Guardian 3, this is something I frequently had happen then, and was told that the values for Max Delivery are automatically calculated by the pump. But after I used the 670G & Guardian 3 for a couple months this problem seemed to solve itself (I only received Max Delivery when I really WAS getting large microboluses and was high). Does the new transmitter need to ā€œrecalculateā€ these values? I havenā€™t had any since starting the new transmitter, but will it need to recalculate the values for Min Delivery as well? Doing the Enter BG for a Max Delivery is still an improvement (since at least it uses it, the old one often made you do multiple Enter BGs), but once every 4 hours is still more than we should need to do. Has anybody else experienced this after upgrading their transmitter (or even just replacing their transmitter with any new one)?

I just got my replacement today and will not install it until tomorrow so I cannot answer the question. I suggest you call the helpline.

To my knowledge the maximum number is bolus and that is a pump setting. I do now think the new transmitter would reset the pump but i wonder if while inking the new traNmitter you might have inadvertently changed maximum bolus? Just a thought .

I will need to come back and add the disclaimer i am on my telephone.

I just got new replacement transmitter (v 2.2). Can I go straight back into automode or do I need to do manual for a require period? I called a rep, he wasnā€™t sure.

You can go straight to automode, no need to start over.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, maximum delivery rate is preset and can not be adjusted. The highest microbolus rate I have observed is 0.375.

So i have been on the 670g almost a year now (April 18). It worked for a month or two and then about Sept. I gave up on it completely. I found the G transmitter to work well when I was not in AM but it was completely screwed up anytime I tried to stay in AM. Well, at my 6 mo. check in Jan. my Endo persuaded me to give AM another try. He said the research points to better control (never mind my A1c was 5.9 on my own- I did have a few lows). So i did that day since I was day 2 on a new sensor. AM worked for about one hour and then went haywire. According my sensor I was 212. A finger stick revealed a 312 bs. I immediately called Medtronic and ranted and raved and then sent the new transmitter out that day. So CALL THEM if you donā€™t want to wait for it to be mailed to you.
I honestly donā€™t think it works any better though. Less getting caught in the dreaded loop cycle- it seems to handle calibrations better. However, it still sucks in AM and Iā€™m much better off in MM all of the time compared to AM.

Sorry to hear your frustrations, Iā€™ve been there several times with the 670g. I received the new transmitter about a month ago and I have not had any ā€˜auto mode loopsā€™ occur and any time it request a bg it stays in AM. Hopefully yours improves!

I was advised by e-mail three weeks ago that my replacement Guardian would be shipped in few days. Earlier this week, I encountered a problem with a new sensor so I called Medtronic to get a replacement sensor. I took the opportunity to inquire about the status of my new Guardian and was advised by the rep that she didnā€™t have access to that information.

It arrived on my door step four hours ago.