Does anyone know what qualifies you for Medtronic’s financial assistance program and how they determine who receives 70, 80 or 90% coverage based on if you even make the cut? I called their finance team and they wouldn’t give me the details even though I am low income and basically have no insurance.
The first link is Australia only.
2019 Medtronic Australasia Pty Ltd All rights reserved
Also AU is in the link site name.
Good eyes. I deleted it. I think the information is here: https://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/customer-support/ordering-and-billing/billing
" The program provides support for customers living in the United States who:
- Use an insulin pump
- Use continuous glucose monitoring
- Meet specific income guidelines
- Have an insurance company that allows for additional assistance
It also provides temporary coverage for specific situations:
- Unemployment within the last 12 months
- Gap in insurance coverage because of a pre-existing condition
- Multiple pumpers in one household
- Permanent disability (you will need to apply each year)
To check and see if you are eligible for financial assistance, call us Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM central time at 1.800.646.4633 and select option 4"
You know, these assistance programs are being referenced CONSTANTLY in the federal hearings with the insulin manufactures. Do you have any input about that?
What is the income requirement to be applied? Gross or net after deductions?
No one has any idea. They could never be reached, if I remember