Medtronic Minimed Paradigm Revel Sensor Error

I have a Medtronic Minimed Paradigm Revel 523. I just go a sensor error that I cannot find any information about. It said Sensor Error Invalid Sensor Value. Does anybody know what this means? I looked in the manual and on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

I used to get that alert very often. It has something to do with where you position your sensor and your pump.

Try moving your pump either closer or further away from the sensor.

REASON: The glucose sensor signals are either too high or too low.
ACTION: You do not need to change the glucose sensor. Clear the alert. If the alert persists, test your transmitter with the tester.

I read this off of My Medtronic App. on my iphone.

Thank you so much. It did persist, so I remember my pump therapist telling me about the tester, so I did that. The transmitter is working. I just changed the spot and am waiting the 15 minutes until I can put the transmitter on.

You're welcome....glad to help out! Hope it works for ya!

I get weird errors when I’m around lots of Wi-Fi. It was more persistent when I first started using cgm in April, hasn’t happened much since. Call the manufacturer and report it in case it’s a faulty product.

I have gotten sensor errors when I calibrate the device and my new calibration is way off from what the SG is reporting, i.e. Sensor reads 138 and going up and I test at 75. I just restart the sensor and enter another BG to get it going again. I think this is a way for the sensor to "reset" to more "correct" values. It is not that big of a deal, but I always make the sensor "earn" my trust before I rely on it again.

I think swelling can cause innacurate values and is the cause of many of my sensor errors.

You also may want to call medtronic and let them know. I have gotten a free sensor shipped to me when one fails. They are expensive so I am always happy to get a freebie.