My Life

It’s been a while since I updated my profile, so here goes. I went to an all day diabetes management class here in Atlanta at piedmont hospital. I should have gone when I was diagnosed in 1999, but didn’t. It was very informative and fun. A endo, nurse and physical fitness expert talked to us. I learned alot about the enemy (carbs). I got my last A1C results from Feburary (8.5) YUCK. I’ve lost about 30 lbs. since then so I hope it’s come down. This is a year long program. Every 3 months, we meet for breakfast at the hospital and get our A1C results and talk about our progress in controlling this disease and goals. Mine is to continue to lose weight and exercise daily. I was doing good with the exercise part until my left foot started hurting more(I’ve had 3 surgeries for morton’s neuroma’s).

I got the postcards from Manny and will be leaving them wherever I go to make people aware of this wonderful website.

Take care all,

Sandy

Wow Sandy! This sounds like a great program! I’m so glad that you are involved and please share with us about your experiences there! I wish you all the best in achieving your goals!!!