Why me, was I that bad, was it stress

Was it heredity or was it my destiny

Something God can use for his good

but goes way beyond my understanding

I just want to shout and scream

Why Jesus, why me, and then I heard Jesus

Say dear child I love you

That made me think of my dad who happens to very inspirational

To me, who worked for years in a hot building (welding)

And raised five kids, and never once

Did my dad complain of that terrible

Disease (which has destroyed my life) Diabetes.

Thank you Amanda… that is a very moving poem

Please know that you are not alone

Hi, Scott- Thanks for commenting on my poem- Your the only one who has- So, Thanks- I’t means alot!!!

I find it very moving, it honestly could affect people very powerfully and make it difficult for them to comment

Hi Amanda,

I understand your poem and where you are coming from…my precious little girl was just diagnosed last feb at 4yrs old. I swear if diabetes were something you could touch I think I’d kick the cr@p out of it like no other. Listen honey YOU WILL live to be an old lady and have a wonderful life…it’s wonderful you believe in Jesus, so do I, and I don’t know his reasons but we know he has them and we have to trust in the Lord. Let me tell you… I have heard so many encouraging stories about people being diagnosed when they were 2,3 years old…and now they are in their 80’s, 90’s, with no major health problems, besides the annoying big D. It sucks, but you can still have a happy healthy life, just take care of yourself, stay positive and lean on Jesus…or me, or your new family here at TuDiabetes. I was a mess last Feb and this place helped me cope. There is a depression group on here, I encourage you to join…keep your head up…it’s gonna be okay:)

Great poem! I ask all those questions you ask in your poem once long ago and come up with God never puts more on your plate than you can bear. YOU CAN DO THIS! AS for living til your an old lady? I’ve been a Type 1 for 37 years and plan on making it lots longer!

I wanted to try and answer some of the questions you had. The No Sugar Added Poetry book is described at http://www.tudiabetes.org/profile/NoSugarAddedPoetry.

There is a group for Diabetes and Depression at http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/diabeticswithdepression.

Oh and our New User Guide is at http://www.tudiabetes.org/notes/New_Member_Guide. It should give you a good start at finding your way around

Glad you joined us!

Hey Amanda, your poem reflects so many of the tough emotions that I’m sure we’ve all been through. Glad you found Tu, you’re part of the family and I hope we can help x

Hi Amanda…I think your poem is very good…alot to be said about this diabetes and our lives.

Your poem is very deep and true to you.

11/ 07/ 12 i just was told i have a cyst on my only overy i guese no kids for me:(