My Update

I have completed my clinical trial where i take both levemir anf byetta.I also take metformin. In addition, i have developed more consistency in my exercise program, biking or running at least an hour a day. i am considering running a marathon. Did i mention i am 60 years old?

My A1C is now 5.6, and I take 52 units of levemir in the evening, and byetta twice a day. My endocrinologist, who i will now be seeing again since i have health insurance through the new preexisting health care plan, has agreed to follow this protocol.
I can not emphasize enough the importance of exercise for a diabetic. It reduces my insulin requirements, i feel better, have much more energy, and well, life is good.in summary, my A1c went from 9.3 to 5.6 in 6 months. Good luck to you all.

Great job! You have a lot to be proud of! Take care.

Wow! Great job! Congratulations!

Congratulations Joel!

After letting my Aic go up for awhile i started a new clinical trial with lixisenatide and lantus. I am back on track wit BS under 100. I always find clinical trials are a great motivator. I highly recommend them. i will get my aic tested next month and i expext 6.0 to 6.5