Your asking a good question, Terry4. But, I’m not sure that I know the answer.
In the past year or two, all of my a1c’s at the clinic were finger sticks (not blood draw). They were all 6.1.
The blood that I sent to Loop for an a1c was also a finger stick. I suspect that Jaeb might have had some trouble with their samples (or they didn’t want it to freeze in the mail because its winter, now) because the lab was mailed to the University of Minnesota, not to Florida.
I have never used Clarity reports. Maybe that’s a problem. Maybe that represents a problem in my current style of care. I have been using Tidepool to get the TIR.
I have always written my own records and done my own analysis, independent of any software. I do export the Dexcom .csv/.xml and pull data from there, but mostly my records are handwritten collections of data throughout the day. I have had trouble with that system of record keeping since starting loop. There’s just too much data coming from the temporary basals and I can’t view it easily. I don’t have easy access to the full data set from loop, now. I was considering going inside the code and exporting the events into a spread sheet so that I could better analyse whats going on.
Honestly, I feel like I have completely lost my bearings without records. I can’t see clearly how the system is operating. It troubles me and its presenting problems.
Maybe I should just run open loop for a couple months so I can see the data clearly. Maybe I just close the loop when I have a real need to do so. That could work.
@Paytone, I’m running slightly tighter control limits in Loop. I used to use 80 - 200. Now, I’m using 70-180.