I trust the collective wisdom here more than my doctor to shed some light. Two days in a row I had staggering afternoon lows, unlike anything I've experienced. EMS left a few hours ago. Thankfully, my husband was home to call EMS because I was unable to speak or move. He tested me. BG 37, which has never left me near comatose before. Ok, here's the strange part. I had taken Apidra 7 hours before the low. None should have been available to cause a plummet. Also use Levemir. If I accidentally took two Apidra shots (sure I didn't), I would have been dead before I hit the floor. I'm careful about rotating injection sites & take small doses, so I don't think it was a scar tissue absorption delay. No exercise to account for a low either.
EMS injected IV dextrose because glucagon would have taken too long. A minute or so later, I was able to talk. BG went to 315 after the dextrose & then dropped to 223 10 minutes later & then to 175 after I ate crackers with peanut butter & is holding at 175. Needless to say, I'm terrified to take a correction to bring it down.
Thanks for your isights!