New Pump, not Vibe

Thanks for the explanation, Laddie. I forget that some other pumps have a linked meter that posts the number to the pump. That makes it easier, but it would still feel to me like having to use two devices. And I assume you can't do that with your current meter and the Ping. I guess it all depends what you're used to. I definitely see why the scrolling bugs people but I'm used to it. I have learned to only "fast forward" and not "fast backward" as it always goes past the number and to zero going backward. If that makes sense..lol

My fingers are pretty callused and also have poor circulation so that makes it harder to get blood. I get very sick of having to prick my fingers multiple times to get enough blood. That could be a motivator for me to switch.

My Ping is out of warranty but still alive and well. I don"t want it to crap out on me. Guess it's time to call Animas and see what it will cost. Has anyone gotten a new one lately?

I statrted pink ping up again this morning. Trying to prove I get better numbers on the ping. We'll see. A certain pump company told me my HMO (which never bought me any pump) will know I have a MM pump with one year warranty left. Now my thinking is if my numbers are better on this old pump, (which is 7 years old) I would think they would help me get a new one if it dies? My copay for 2015 tho, is still going to be a horrible fifty percent. If they dont give incentives or trade ins, I am going to be spending a lot of money.....

Hey Zoe, did you find out about the date for a new pump? Just checking. Let me know if you need anything from me. Have a great day.
Meda-Kay

I was told the same thing by Medtronic - that it does not matter who bought you the pump it has a warranty and they could not sell me a new one. Well - I will stay with Animas. I have had great luck with my PING and it went 3 solid years and it needed to be replaced because of a button not working well - and the internal clock that keeps the date had died. Every time I changed my battery, I had to enter the date. That was a pain - so I called them and they replaced the pump. It is my second PING. The meter has never conked out on me. I love the remote feature. I was checking Medtronic's 530G because I would like the integrated CGMS. But I have heard rumors that Animas will be starting to launch the VIBE in December. I prefer the color screen that Animas has and also the battery life.

Laura, I bought a new Ping a couple of months ago and they were offering $700.00 as a rebate, but I had to return the old pump. You might want to call them.

This was not Medtronic, but I still wonder how they can say that? Especially if your HMO has never ever purchased you a pump before?

Thanks, I think I will use this one awhile (God willing it keeps on ticking) and then try to figure out how to buy a new one. Right now, and in 2015, my plan covers only 50 percent. Not good. I would like to get a new one, but we have other greater financial needs. You gave me a good idea though, I should ask. But, were you just out of or going out of warranty when they offered you the deal? Because this warranty was up in 2011.

I disagree with the Ping being a superior pump as apposed to the Vibe. The meter remote wasn’t very modern. It chewed up batteries like crazy. There was too much scrolling for the food database. I could add the carbs in my head faster then what time it took to add them on the database. Another thing is I work outside in the summer alot and the meter screen was difficult to see in the sun. It was big and clunky. It’s the Vibe for me!