Newbie Questions

Hello! I’m pretty new here and have a couple of questions as a newbie.

1. As I look through a lot of posts, I see a lot that have not been active for years. Is it better to just post my own questions or topics even if they overlap an old one?

2. I am actually new to forums overall and the diabetic community. What are some other suggestions of places with solid communities and information?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2 Likes

If your question or observation is the same as a recently posted topic, then add to that topic. I think it’s perfectly ok to start a new topic in most situations. Go ahead and post!

Welcome!

Many do a combination of both. I first search, but also want to rely on more current information. Pumps, CGMS are changing quickly the last couple year, so even 2 year old posts are outdated.

Depends on what you are looking for. Are you T1 or T2, New to diabetes, looking for technology, or community support? Lots of that here, but we often link to articles found elsewhere.

Just jump in with a new topic and ask away !!

Neither one is better or worse than the other, it can depend on the topic, how much of what you would say is already in the conversation (no need to repeat stuff), whether it is a topic that is specific to your scenario or one that is the same for everyone, whether it is a topic that continuously changes, etc. Nobody will like you more or less because of how much you post. We are all here to help each other. I have learned a lot of stuff here, and try to help others that need help with the same problem. And if I come across a new problem, I ask here. No matter how experienced you doctor is, there will always be questions that only a fellow victim can answer.

1 Like