Hi, I just joined the forum here but have no idea how to proceed. My name is Liz and I am a Type 1 Diabetic. I’d appreciate it if someone could sort of help me figure out how to post a new topic. As for introducing myself, am I even doing this in the right place? Thanks in advance! :smile:

Welcome @liz_d , looks like you have found some topics to post to. The search function is also helpful if you haven’t tried it yet.

@terry4. Do you know why her post does not appear in main forum topic ?

I just replied and expected to see at top of list.

1 Like

No, I’m not sure why this is happening. I scrolled down the main forum list of topics and did not come across her post. @Stemwinder_Gary, @Lorraine - any ideas?

@Liz_D, I just posted a test topic and only used the “Community” category. I didn’t include the “Welcome New Members” category. If you edit your current post (click on the pencil icon) and delete the “New Members” category, your post should display on the Main Forum list.

1 Like

Thanks! For some reason, I’m unable to leave it at “Community” alone. It saves it as “Type 1 and LADA” when I edit it.

@MM1 Yes, that was fairly easy. Thank you!

Thank Terry and MM1.

Her post did not show up on the main page because the “Community/Welcome New Members” sub-category is configured to not display on the main page, it is only visible within the “Community” category.

Frequently I post a list of new members to this sub-category, it was hidden from the home page so they do not clutter the main page.

@Liz_D can post in any other category and her post will be visible on the main page.

2 Likes

@Stemwinder_Gary I see, I did post in other topics. Thank you so much!

1 Like

@Stemwinder_Gary - Can you please delete the test post I made?

1 Like

Well, with this extended preamble @Liz_D, can you tell us a little about yourself? How long have you been diabetic? What age were you diagnosed? Any secrets to share how you’ve managed your T1D?

1 Like

I’m glad you were able to post. I was worried you felt ignored that no one answered your new member post !

But no one was seeing it.

3 Likes

I have lived with diabetes (Type 1) for past 30+ years.

2 Likes

I think the “never a moment off” nature of diabetes requires a strong mindset. Giving up might look like the easy way out, at times, but even giving up can take us down an extraordinarily difficult path.

Welcome to TuDiabetes. I’ve learned a lot here that has vastly improved the quality of my life.

1 Like

@MM1 Not at all. I joined because it seemed like the best place to find the support that I need from time to time. Thank you so much!

1 Like

It makes sense to me.

Hi Liz, I have been T1 for 46 years and have been using a pump for…less than 2 years. Ha! :smiley:

I know what you mean. It’s different. The main advantage I get from the pump is being able to shut off basal when I want to. With Lantus or Levemir, once it is in, you gotta ride it out. So to me that is the main advantage of the pump. Everything else is a bit of a trade-off. It is easier to bolus, you just gotta push a few buttons, but you have to load the device and attach it every few days. So that’s a wash.

BTW, I don’t use the bolus calculator on the pump. If you are used to just dosing with MDI based on what you know you need, you can give that a try. I think it makes the pump easier for me. You can turn off bolus calcs in Settings>>>System setup>>>Bolus/Basal/calcs.

I just have some bolus unit numbers pre-programmed, it makes for less button pushing. That might be closer to what you are used to, if you want to try it that way.

2 Likes

Welcome, Liz_D. Incase this question pops up again:

Step 1.) Click on the Forum menu at the top of the page.

Step 2.) Click on 'New Topic’

Step 3.) Post a question/comment

3a. Type a title for your question/comment.
3b. Select a category from the drop down menu - for instance "Type 1 and LADA"
3c. Type your question/comment.
3d. Click the blue button that says “Create Topic” in order to post it into the forum for other people to see.

Note: If you need to edit your post, then you can click on the icon that looks like a pencil, directly below your post.

1 Like

Perhaps our diabetic named Captain will have some questions for you, down the line. Most of us have not had kidney transplants, so that experience is particularly valuable to our community. Thanks for being here!