Nici -- About Me

Hi all!

I have been lurking on the outskirts of the DOC for a long time and have been taking advantage of all of the knowledge our here! I finally decided that it was time to become more involved. Maybe my experiences and knowledge can help out someone else.

I have had Type 1 Diabetes since 1982 (about 27 years.) I use a Medtronic Minimed 522 insulin pump and Novolog insulin. Over the years, I have used everything from Pork insulin to blood sugar tests that involved urine, test tubes, and eye droppers! We’ve definitely come a long way, but that does not mean I am not anxious for an even better quality of life.

My husband and I recently found out that we are pregnant! We are so excited! If you are interested, please visit my new blog: A Sweet Journey To Motherhood. I expect to use it to chronicle my journey as a Type 1 Diabetic and an expectant mom.

Thank you!

HI Nici!
Welcome, and congratulations on your pregnancy! I’ve been a type 1 since 1979, so we have pretty similar memories of pork insulin and urine tests! I’m not pregnant yet (we’ve been trying for a few months now)…I’m glad you will be blogging about your experiences; there’s not enough info out there for us!

Glad you’ve decided to join!

Welcome Nici!
Congratulaltions! and Best wishes! I’ll continue peeking in on you from time-to-time to see how you’re doing.
Take care of yourself and keep us posted on your experiences (excellent blog), Lucy

congrats. enjoy your sleep and movie nights now while u can