Not sure what to do?

So I should save transmitters and try to find someone to replace battery? What is xDrip? And why would it make any difference in battery life? Thanks for your answer but still confused.

G4 uses same sensors as G5, so you could ask dexcom if they would send G4 transmitter instead of G6. But G4 requires receiver, which you may have if you started with that before G5. Or dexcom may be able to provide G4 receiver.

XDrip is app installed on android phones that can show the bg data, graph, and more. It is not from dexcom, but developed by users. You can search here and find example of data/screens.

So much I don’t know. Started with G5. Also have iPhone not android. I do have a G5 receiver. Hopefully can just stay on the G5 until they insist on the G6. Thank you for the information.

I never throw out xmitters. I’ve got them going back 2 years. Sorry to hear u aren’t on Android. xDrip is the bomb! All the many people who complained recently about a Dexcom server outage wouldn’t have been impacted had they used xDrip with its excellent follow features.

Jane16, I am on both Dexcom receiver and Android phone on Xdrip running Dexcom raw data. Was not affected by power outage at all on Xdrip but Dexcom receiver was. Am going to stay on Xdrip. Biggest advantage I feel is that your G5 sensors can last until you replace them (20 days ? more?) and you can reset your transmitter so it starts over at 112 days (may go another 50 days , who knows?) Other advantages too.