Novo Nordisk vs Apidra

Any input on bolus insulin novo nordisk vs apidra?? The novo nordisk pen allows for half unit increments and apidra allows for whole units only. It was suggested by a veteran t1d to ask my Endo to switch my rx to novo nordisk. Any input is appreciated as Iโ€™m still quite new to this. Thanks! :smiley:

If you are very insulin sensitive, it is good to have half unit increments. I use humalog with Luxura hd pen, which provides half unit increments. It works great.

I prefer Apidra, but for reasons of efficacy rather than pen design, since I donโ€™t use pens. My syringes, however, have half-unit markings which makes it pretty simple to estimate doses down to 1/4 unit.

1 Like

if you dont want to change, you could see if the apidra juniorstar pen is available in your area. it is a pediatric pen by sanofi for apidra cartridges. before this i was on novorapid but with just one unit increments.

i really like apidra a lot better. for me it has a shorter tail. not sure about it being faster to start up but definitely a shorter tail for me! ydmv.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!!