Omnipod vs Ping

I am considering an insulin pump and I am looking for some advise. Some of my history is: I am Type 2 diabetic, my A1C is 6.1, I take 4-5 injections of humalog per day averaging 45 units total and I inject 15 units of lantus per night. I am 6 ft. tall, weighing about 150 pounds, with very little body fat.
I am interested in which unit that you think would be best for my situation. Should I even be on a pump?
Thanks for your time and I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Jimmer

Hi Jimmer, I’ve been on a pump for about 5 years now. I’m Type 1, and my last A1C was 12.4. When I went on the pump, it totally changed my life! I went on the MiniMed Paradigm for the first 4 years, then found the OmniPod. I was on that for a few months before I began having failure issues. People who have this disease CANNOT afford failures. Usually, you have to be doing at least 4 injection a day to be considered to go on a pump. Does your doctor favor one pump versus the other, mine favored the MiniMed. BTW, when I switched to the OmniPod, I was being greedy, to be tubeless. But when the failures became so often, I went back to the Paradigm which I had never had a problem with. I hope this helped in some way in your decision! Keep us updated!
Joyce