Only in America

Only in America …do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
Only in America …do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke…
Only in America …do banks leave vault doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
Only in America …do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
Only in America …do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight…
Only in America …do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

EVER WONDER …
Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
Why can’t women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
Why don’t you ever see the headline ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?
Why is ‘abbreviated’ such a long word?
Why is it that doctors call what they do ‘practice’?
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don’t they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!
Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?
Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
I like this one!!!
If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

8 Likes

I just want to know why I can buy pants with good pockets but shorts always come with those stupid low side cuts that let your wallet keys and phone fall out when you sit down.

2 Likes

I bought shorts at Macys that had deep pockets. This summer I bought cargo shorts at Walmart, made by Wrangler, that had deep pockets.

We have two feet and typically use both to walk, yet when speaking about someone who is walking … we say they’re … on foot

1 Like

I assure you that most of the only in America list applies to much of Europe and Canada too. I’ve lived for long periods in both places.

1 Like

I agree with your lumping Canada in with the US, both are nations of unhealthy, overweight or obese people and businesses whose only emphasis is on profit. However, having lived in a Scandinavian country (Norway) for 24 years I would take them out of the equation. Unlike the UK where the health system is struggling with some of the worst binge drinkers on the planet and with obesity almost reaching American proportions, Scandinavians are still quite healthy. And on a recent trip to Italy the only obese people I saw were all American tourists. Yes there are pockets of people in Europe that approach the reprehensible American standards, but they are not a majority, not yet anyway. Maybe they just need a few more pizza hut and Burger king franchises to reach those levels.

If and when you can not afford your medicine ASK your DOCTOR for samples.

See the link below. :frowning:

This should NEVER happen to anyone in these UNITED STATES with a chronic issue that requires medication.

I have a good one for you. If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, and olive oil made from olives, then what is baby oil made from? Haha

3 Likes

The train stops at the train station.

The bus stops at the bus station.

On my desk is a work station.

1 Like

We wait in the sitting room and we sit in the waiting room

2 Likes

Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?

4 Likes

Why do you put shipment in a car, but cargo on a ship?

1 Like

Why can something be substantial but not prostsntial,superstantial, or even just stantial.

Why are there Interstates in Hawaii? :palm_tree:

1 Like

That’s easy cause they are federally funded.

1 Like