Perspective

I have never heard of that type of training, Scott. We were taught self defense but it was using our batons. I am a retired cop in case you couldn’t get that. Would love to be playing with stun guns!

Linda,
That’s not the typical behavior of cops in other communities. NY is one big place with a lot of crime so the cops get hard and jaded. I assure you I was never like that and either was the force I proudly served with all my years.

So true, Judith.

I grew up in NYC & never had a thing happen. I took the subway late at night by myself often. Walked everywhere without incident.

I now live in a small, rural town. It’s the kind of place where many people don’t lock their doors & no one locks their cars. Our house was burglarized & my old car was stolen (I got it back without damage). Crime is on the rise in this sleepy little town.

It’s on the rise everywhere. Sadly the economy doesn’t help the situation and usually see a rise in crime because of it.

Judith,

Bet you were a great officer!

Thanks, I would like to think that I always gave the appropriate time and actions necessary to solve problems unlike the males who liked just the “action” and making the big busts. I loved helping children and the elderly and still do.