Phlat Tuesday

Thanks you two.

Danny, I know what you mean. A year or two ago this would have been a great day for me. But, I went and raised the bar for myself. So, now, I guess Im trying to make up for lost time.

Kelly, Ive seen some of your days, they are fantastic!

Well . . . my day did not go as Flat as desired . . .

And I found my friend, Kim’s Flatline much more desirable. Kim doesn’t have ready access to email so she has not joined TuDiabetes . . . but she was equally impressed with her Flatline and is proud to share!

If my endo’s APN saw that, she’d probably faint!! She was impressed enough with my lines, which while usually pretty good, are almost never THAT flat! I’m thinking of changing my upper line to 140 – I’ll go over it a lot, but it will give me something to aim for. You’re a good role model! :slight_smile:

And by the way, I told my GP’s APN that I wanted an A1c in the 5’s and she was appalled, and said that with older people they wanted it around 6.3 - 6.5. I guess because of fear of falls due to hypoglycemia, but I’m very hypo-aware, and don’t fall unless my brain is fried, which happens at extremely high BGs, not low ones. What do you think about it?

Ah , ha …a Dutch gal here …yes the scene is Dutch( thanks …made my heart go boom ,boom :slight_smile: …but Queen’s BD is celebrated April 30 …another 53 days away ??

Well I think I topped you! (Pun intended!)

These pictures are actually very inspiring yet humbling to me, because I don’t usually do that well. Yes, I’ve managed to post a couple of flatlines, but they are unusual – I usually bounce around more than you did in that picture. You shouldn’t be too hard on yourself – you and some other people on this site are actually la crème de la crème of diabetics! And I deeply respect how much effort you put into it – like, maybe I should put some more effort into it myself?
Smiles,
Natalie ._c-

Those are great numbers too! Just knowing what our numbers are seems to be a great thing for everybody! It’s nice to meet you and your friend too! Please stop by and say hi the resst of the year? See what you can do to flatten here and flatten there and certainly talk to us here or in the forums to kibbitz about how things are going?

Nice to see you!!

Hi all I know it’s past Tue. …but I just didn’t get a chance yesterday. So here is my effort not good but not bad :slight_smile:
It’s not as easy as it sounds to achieve a phlat line…
4770-2011030906.06.22.jpeg (20.8 KB)

That’s fabulous! And, as a PWD, you are certainly aware that THE PARTY NEVER STOPS!!! :slight_smile:

You all are amazing. I am still blessed with insulin production which makes things a much easier. But even I am sometimes amazed. Below is my update for “Phlat Tuesday.” I had Lasagna for dinner, Bernstein would no doubt scold me, but dang, that insulin works.

And I know that a number of people have given me severe cautions about the NPH, but it does seem to work pretty well in my case.

Beeyootiful!!! I would kill for such a line! Dunno who I’d kill, but someone!

Here is a picture of my last 24 hours. The high table was in the 170’s and is a result of pizza. I’m not really disappointed in that, because it was an experiment and could have been a lot worse!

I would not call that phlat nor flat :wink:

My HumaPen memoir gave up three weeks ago. The battery is gone and I am not willing to spent 70€ for a new one. So I reactivated my NovoPen 4 after 2 years of using the HumaPen. The funny thing is that the dosage between these two pens differs by two units. Now I just need 6 units for the night compared to 8 with the HumaPen. The problem is that I think something like 6.5 is correct. So I am running a little short on basal lately as you can see in the night. I heroically resisted to correct at 2:30 am - expecting to go low. Well, I woke up at 164 and slammed myself for not correcting earlier. Then in the afternoon I overtreated a low and injected too late and the second spike was there…

You too AR!

Wow, crème de la crème! Thank you Natalie. Im just really lucky and thankful that I finally found a way to achieve something close to normal control. Lord knows, its only been 25 years Ive been working at this! =^D I really dont mean to seem like Im beating myself up. Its just a trend that could be tighter. No biggie, there will be more days to have better numbers. We’ll just try it again tomorrow (me and the Dex in my pocket). And besides, after twenty some odd years of BGs bouncing from 60s-350s all of these trends look stellar to me (which I think is what you guys are all saying)! =^)

I think this group is one of the best there is. I know posting takes some work, but really, it makes me feel like we are all in this together. To see our numbers up there be they good, or not so good allows us all to identify with one and other. We all have stellar days and horrid days. This group lets me know Im not the only one. That for me is phenomenal.

I really think its about finding a management style and way of eating that works for you. Fat and protein are things I love (coffee too), so this WOE works great for me.I think thats really the key finding a way of control that requires less effort, but yields better results. Ok, maybe Im lying, I cook more now and can eat out at less places, but my control is good and worth the trade off. Still I look at people with 4.x- 5.x A1Cs and feel envy becuase I think their method maybe better and it is, for them.

Im with you Holger. The only reason I ever go really high (>180) is caused by malfunctioning insulin delivery devices. Great looking graph. I look forward to seeing more trend posts!

So a question… this was a cool thing Phlat Tuesday… are you thinking of making it a weekly thing, monthly…whenever you feel like it???..It was really neat to see everybody’s effort and know I’m not so completely off the mark. Makes it a little less intimidating.

I agree that GlucoSurfer is a cool tool to use. You can see your line for months, years, whatever! The CGM reports aren’t bad but seem a bit limited in that, being designed for doctor use, they pretty much load everything onto a page. I think there’s useful data there but if you are making changes, the data stream like GlucoSurfer is the way to go.

I can see that there are some startup/ labor costs but, when I’ve made changes, like recently, i always get this pattern of a few days of goofy numbers and settling and having something to see the long term changes over time is something I’ve never had, since I refuse to write anything down.

You can make it whenever you want. Danny (or whoever?) set up the categories for 12-24 hr, 1-12 hour, Rockies and Rollercoasters and you can stick a pic in and, generally, someone will chat about it. I am not, by any means, ‘in charge’ however I did notice some pre-daylight savings time doldrums and figured ‘what the hell’ and am very pleased to see some old folks, new folks and the usual suspects!

Thanks Danny. . . And Kim would love to join but she does not have a computer. . . When I saw her DexCom screen and told her about Phlat Tuesday she was overjoyed to know that she “did something right!”

Here’s to Phlat on Wednesday!

I’ve been recuperating from a near miss with Pneumonia that took me by surprise . . . and now the pollen counts are high. Sooooo many variables . . . and about time you think you got it figured out the rules change!