Pregnancy and Type 1 or 2

Are there any other women out there who are pregnant with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, or who have been pregnant after being diagnosed? Or who are planning to get pregnant and want to chat about how pregnancy affects diabetes (and vice versa)?

I’m nine months along (yep, due in just 2-3 weeks!) and when I tell people I have diabetes they always assume it’s gestational. But I have Type 1, the LADA/1.5 version (just diagnosed last year, at the age of 38).

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!
I would love to hear every detail you are willing to share. My husband and I have been married over a year and are getting ready to start trying. Now I am panicked and scared of getting pregnant without having perfect control over my numbers. (which I never seem to have)
I am also a 1.5 diagnosed in my early 20’s.

I have had diabetes for 16 years every since I was 10. I had 2 successful prenancy 1 year apart with my diabetes. and if you have any questions or would just like to talk I would love to share stories and information

First of all CONGRATS on your pregnancy!! :slight_smile:

I was diagnosed with T1 in 1991…so 18 years now! YIKES!
My hubby and I are planning a pregnancy, I’m “allowed” to start trying in September - had to get off some arthritis meds and thats when they will be completely out of my system. Im so excited and scared all at the same time!! LOL

Ive got a BILLION questions about being a T1 and TTC/Getting Pregnant!! LOL So if your up for giving answers I’m definitely up for asking the questions! :slight_smile:

First and foremost…any special testing you had done preconception?

For those interested in discussion pregnancy, please also check out our group, Oh Baby, for women who are pregnant or planning to be pregnant someday and for those women who have already been pregnant and want to give advice :slight_smile:

I have had diabetes for 12 years and also had a great successful pregnancy and we are preparing now to begin trying later this fall. It was a ton of work but it can be done with a lot of dedication and preparation. I hope things go well with your delivery.