Pumping +24 Hours

Knock on wood, but I have had a great first 24 hours with my pump. After starting the pump with a high, due to my cold turkey stop with Lantus the previous day and getting by on Humalog the last night, my afternoon following lunch seemed to trend down. By late afternoon I had a few lows that needed some carbs with it. Finally after dinner things stopped the downward trend. Over night I started a little high, but held in the 80s through the night and into the morning. By breakfast I was at 97 and happy with the night.

In the shower this morning I must have bumped my infusion set. While drying off I saw it take a jump out of the shower, onto the bathroom floor. Changing it was a snap, except for forgetting to remove the adhesive cover. I quickly found that you can’t keep the cannula inserted and remove the paper. Another change and I finally got it right. 24 hours and three insertion sets used. I better get better with this.

hehheh…things happen… mine, after the visit with the pump nurse, i changed the reservoir and insulin of course coz i didnt know there was a bubble in it, big bubble,!!!

but i got it fixed…!