Pumping Again

Sooo I am back pumping again…I don’t think it is good for my blood sugar to go back and forth from pumping and shots, but I wanted to use my pump so badly recently, so I ordered about 2 months of supplies, because I can afford it at the moment. I guess I will be going back and forth between shots and pumping. I don’t know if this is healthy or not…my A1C is very bad, at last check it had risen to 9.5 and my blood sugar is constantly high. I don’t know how to get it down! When I got back on my pump last month, my blood sugar levels were much lower, but in the past couple of weeks I got, well, I was terrified of gaining weight so I let my blood sugars drift up. I feel horrible all the time and emotionally extremely guilty for doing this, but I can’t seem to stop…I am SO AFRAID of gaining weight. I only weigh 109 right now but I just can’t let myself gain weight. I’m so scared. I don’t know how to stop; I’m afraid that I’m going to die before too long and I’m only 19. I’m just scared in general.

Briar-Rose, you look very very thin and i would think like this. Take care of the Diabetes or you will have worse problems than weight gain. And another timg, if your keeping your portions at a norm, and keeping carbs low, you won’t have to use as much insulin. And exercise helps to.
When you take Insulin and eat what ever, junk food and all you will gain weight. So just think first of your health, and live around that:)

wow, I thought I was alone in that… I’m 25 and my sugars are normally high for a lot of reasons, but I’ve been indulging in the “diabulimia” thing too… it’s nice eating whatever I want, not having to exercise and not gain a pound. The problem is, your cardiovascular health it muck right now (mine too!) and we have to start being healthy! You can eat whatever you want (some guy went on a junkfood diet and LOST weight) but exercise is important to maintain muscle, weight, and heart health. I’m glad you posted about what you’re going through, and I hope you get motivated to take better care of your diabetes. I want to control mine, but I owe so much money for my pump supplies, I was thinking about going back on shots. I go off my pump for a day at a time every few weeks just because I like being “wireless” sometimes, but I notice my energy is higher and I feel better all-around when I am on the pump and in better control.

K, this got way longer than I expected, but I just want to encourage you and let you know you are NEVER alone, and I hope you can control your diabetes because that son of a ■■■■■ never takes a vacation, but you’re smarter than it will ever be! Thanks again for motivating ME to get on track too!

Thank you guys for the encouragement. I haven’t thought of it as “diabulimia” because…I hate to think that I am weak like that. But that probably is what I am indulging in. Averrose- maybe we can help each other to try to take better care of our diabetes!