Question for single parents of T1 leaving for college & child support

Hi every one,

We are struggling to get money put and held in trust for education from the Ex. I went to a lawyer and was told I would have to sue for it. (just another stress point, but it IS her money) While I was there, I asked if I HAD to sue, could I not petition the court for continuing health care support until she was out of college. I was told that “diabetes is not a disability” that would require mandated support after 18. I AM SPEECHLESS since without insulin, she would die!

I wanted to know if T1 is considered a disability in Texas to extend child support while she is a full-time student for health care expenses. Any legal advice or references out there regarding divorce law, diabetes and child support beyond 18???

Lisa Marie