Question!

Hey :)
ive been diabetic for just over a year now and i suffer from really bad period pains every month, i take paracetamol but they just dont seem to be very effective. i used to takr feminax before i was diagnosed and it helped with the pain so much, so i was just wondering if i was still able to take them? as it says on the leaflet not suitable for diabetes.. as do all of the stronger pain relief tablets seem to say. i was just wondering if there was any other kind of tablet i could take? bianca x

Hey Bianca,
As I read online, Feminax has paracetamol and codeine in it. While paracetamol or as we call it tylenol in the states is a decent enough pain reliever, codeine is a really good, narcotic pain reliever. I can't imagine why this would be unsuitable for diabetics. I have never had any problems with taking codeine whether as percocet, percodan, or just tylenol # 3. While I am not a pharmacist or doctor, I as a diabetic for 37 years have never had any issues or problems with taking codeine. Only problem is it can be really constipating so don't over do it.