Ramipril - ACE Inhibitor

Does anyone take this? What have been your side effects? What does are you taking?

I have taken ACE’s for maybe 15+ years. I was first on Accupril and now on Lisinopril (seems to work better w/ less). They work great at controling my mild HTN…and of course give me some renal protection. It is worth noting that my Creatinine is low normal and no microalbuminemia. What I did notice is that my heart rate went up on the ACE and doc added a beta blocker (Atenolol…now on Metoprolol) which took it back to normal. Noticed a dry cough when first started…no other side effects of note:) I is the first med of choice for HTN if you are diabetic. Seems that plants in the Alium family (garlic, onions, etc.) have some of the same effects…so, I make sure I eat lots of them as well:)

I have taken Ramipril (Altace) 20 mg for years.I was changed to this because of my family history of HTN and Heart disease…I also take Propranolol 60 mg with this each morning and then one again at night. the doc also adds spironolactone-HCTZ 25-25 which is a diuretic along with this…I have never had one side effect or any problems taking this like I had before with all the others I was on. I also have a small mitral valve problem and have trouble with palpatations so I believe thats why he added the propranolol,it was either for that or for bouts of panic attacks…lol…are u having side effects? If so you need to contact your doc and talk to him or her about it.

I have been using Ramipril 10 mg for 5 years with no side effects what so ever
Gary

ACE inhibitors are known to cause the dry cough Patricia mentions. Another class, ARBs, also are used for hypertension (high blood pressure) and also have the side benefit of diabetes kidney protection.