Random pain in hands come out of nowhere

I don’t know properly yet as I had a muscle biopsy and a emg test which confined mytonic changes my muscle fibres were also showing a high level of ring fibres which occur in dystrophy type disorders, I also had a year of Dystonia like movements which is undiagnosed also. At present my hands feel really sore and tender it hurts to flex my wrists and fingers but still have hypersensitive palms no numbness and very rarely little pin pricks if I put my hand in certain positions. Feels weird holding objects kind of annoying and different rather than painful but I guess it becomes uncomfortable after a while. Was reading about fibro causing similar problems to what I’m experiencing. Since I have no feet problems and no other nerve problems I believe this isn’t as simple a PN or isn’t linked directly to diabities it could possibly be linked to a inflammatory process within the muscles.

1 Like

Luckily I haven’t had this, but I did have issues with my eyes (floaters and near-sightedness) that mostly went away when my control got tighter, even though my control by A1C standards was always around 7. I think I was having lots of highs and lows that balanced out though, and would spend hours running at above-normal blood sugars of 8, 9 and 10 or higher without correcting. Though these aren’t terrible, I’m sure we’re all different and some of us are susceptible to complications even at only slightly elevated blood sugar levels, or high variability even with a decent A1C. If you are able to get yourself a Libre, I’d recommend it. Even at an A1C in the 6s you could be having unnoticed spikes and/or high variability causing you problems. Also I wonder if cannabis, or at least CBD (which is only a pain-reliever and doesn’t contain the psychoactive THC that gets you high) would help with the pain (if you can obtain it where you live - it is legal in my country for pain or pleasure now).