Recommendations for books/resources about pumping

. . .besides “Pumping Insulin” by John Walsh.

Everyone seems to love that book but it leaves me cold. It's too techie for me, but then again I'm not a techie person at all. Being on a pump (OmniPod) was a big techie step for me. :) I'd like something that's more anecdotal, friendlier.

I asked my endo for a good resource written more in in layman's terms but he didn't have any suggestions. He did say that he never got through Walsh's book, either. No wonder I like the guy!

I don't need "Pumping 101, more like "Pumping 102."

Thanks!

Hi Janet

I found this one on Amazon, but have no experience with the book. The two reviews on the book say it’s really easy to understand but still explains everything thoroughly.

Understanding Insulin Pumps & Continuous Glucose Monitors (Perfect Paperback)
~ H. Peter Chase (Author), MD (Author)

Think Like a Pancreas; A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin. Excellent book on dibetes in general and how to manage BG with insulin, using a pump or MDIs.

A very practical easy reading book written by a diabetic and professional, not an out of touch medical professional.

I like Pumping Insulin as a reference, and agree it’s not something you can easily read cover to cover. I also agree that Think Like a Pancreas is a great book and one you can get through easily.

There’s UNDERSTANDING INSULIN PUMPS AND CONTINUOUS BLOOD GLUCOSE MONITORS by Dr. H. Peter Chase, MD. You can order it, and Dr. Chase’s excellent book UNDERSTANDING DIABETES from the Children’s Diabetes Foundation in Denver, CO. Their website is: www.ChildrensDiabetesFdn.org

I hope that hyperlink works. It looks weird! Anyway, if it doesn’t just type in www.ChildrensDiabetesFdn.org and you’ll get there. The Children’s Diabetes Foundation is a wonderful place that I have visited. I send them $$ every year, because they really have excellent researchers making strides in the hunt for a cure.