Results of my very scientific test strip experiment. :)

Are the white boxes for 50 strips and the yellow one 100 strips? I found an old white box today at the back of my cabinet as I was cleaning it out of the recalled strips, and that was the difference.

No, the white are not to be sold as retail. I thought that maybe the white only came in boxes of 50, that is what we always get, but someone posted a pic of the 100 count white boxes.

Wow! Crap. :(

Yep. We got four white boxes of 100 each.

I got the meter and control solution from the regular Abbott line too. Interesting.

Man this is confusing. And impossible. I hope they come out with some good guidelines going forward on all of this.

theres a group on FB called Omnipod Users, thats where I got my info 4 days ago about the recall.

I have a question. I never understood why people took it upon themselves to change the code to 17 . If I get strips that say 16 and the meter reads it as 16 where did it start that people thought it was better to change code to 17 on strips that are coded 16, just curious on how this all came about. I never change the code,and a 10 point difference is no big deal. where did this all come from . and I did my own experiment with my old strips and a freedom meter and omnipod. I have been making my daughter double test since friday with the old strips until new ones arrived and there is only a 5-7 point difference on both meters she had a low of 71 on the omnipod and the freestyle freedom read 77. and the highs were close too. This is all so frustrating, but got new strips today so will start using them.

I have always thought that, which is why I never bothered to change it - honestly I've almost never even tried test strip solution. But this whole issue made me curious and I had so many strips that I wanted to see if there was a trend or not. If it's more accurate with 17 or 18 I'd rather use those strips than throw them all out. And yes, I am the kind of obsessive person that cares about a 10 point difference. :)

From what others are saying, you can have both bad and good strips in one canister of strips, so you will never really know. Instead of doubting them and calibrating the Dexcom with a strip that might be way off, I'm tossing them.

But they are all good for the Freedom meter according to them right?

Yes!