Retinal Woes

Vent warning: My ‘good’ eye had laser about four weeks ago and all was well until the other day. It’s got a fairly active leak going, and not really stopping, even tho it is a small stream I see. So frustrating. Hubby just got a second job, so I have no transportation four afternoon/evenings a week. He has ptosis surgery Wednesday (for extreme drooping eye). 93 yr old Mom just got released from the hospital last night, and none of us could pick her up. I had to find her a transport.Yes, I am frustrated. I hate these hemorrhages. Throw in Thanksgiving and the fact that both of them have birthdays this week. Well, I am really frustrated and stressed…I’m seeing what I call coffee grounds or quicksand eye, so this is not going to clear too quickly. On hold for my next retinal appointment in early December. Never needed a vitrectomy before and really don’t want to end up in that direction. :frowning:

Laura, I am so sorry you’re dealing with this and I hope you get the best medical care possible.

1 Like

Thank you! I have a fantastic eye surgeon, and a best friend who will help me get my husband to his eye surgery. Mom is settled in for the weekend. They think she just has a respiratory virus, but at her age of course they are cautious.

Sorry you are having these horrible issues. I hope the treatment will help you :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you. Usually about 500 laser blasts does the trick. They always make you sign a waiver that things may get worse, or that things may not all be fixed. I guess this is a perfect example of that…sigh…

2 Likes

Hope everything gets better soon. I personally know about stress and what it can do to you…

1 Like

Omg that sucks😳 but I hope it helps🤗

1 Like

@Laura_S I’m so sorry to hear all you are going through! I’m sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

1 Like

Laura - I’m sorry you’re going through such a tough patch. Your inability to help your mom makes things even tougher. Glad you have a helpful best friend. I wish you the best!

1 Like

I have had plenty of eye woes as well. I know your pain and frustration. Right now I’m in kind of a good place. I hope things can stay that way. It’s the not being able to drive sometimes that’s the worst. I’m so used to being free.

2 Likes

Thats frustrating. Not being able to drive makes things really complicated. Not to mention, not being able to see. Perhaps Thanksgiving will lure some additional people who can help. Looks like Uber has an app. Uber teams up with the Blind Institute of Technology to give free rides to the visually impaired - YouTube

1 Like

I hate the laser sessions

Wishing you a speedy recovery

1 Like