Reverse correction?

SO I WAS READING THAT THERE IS A WAY TO SET UP REVERSE CORRECTION SO IF YOU HAVE A LOW BLOOD SUGAR AND YOU ENTER THE CARBS YOU ARE EATING THEN YOUR PDM WILL SUBTRACT ENOUGH INSULIN TO MAKE YOUR BLOOD SUGAR BACK IN YOUR NORMAL RANGE… MY QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU DO THIS BECAUSE MY PDM WILL NOT LET ME BOLUS IF MY BLOOD SUGAR IS UNDER 70 SO IF I AM LOW AT A MEAL TIME I HAVE TO EAT THEN CHECK MY BLOOD SUGAR WHEN I AM DONE THEN BOLUS THEN… WHICH IF I WAS LOW AND I RECHECK THEN BOLUS FOR WHAT I ATE WOULDNT I JUST GO BACK TO A LOW READING??? CONFUSED ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT???

THANKS

I never bolus when I have a low, but if I am eating a meal, I eat about 20 carbs to bring my level back up, and then bolus for the other stuff I am eating. You CAN bolus if your blood sugar is low, you just go to BOLUS, and then say NO for use BG for calcs, and it just warns you, but you can still take some insulin. I do it a lot…

You can choose the “Min BG for calcs” which is set to 70 in your case. You can also choose your target BG range; it is the combination of those two that allows (or not) a reverse correction. For example, if your “Min BG for calcs” is 50 and your target BG range is 75-120, then a BG of 60 at meal time will reduce the meal bolus by the appropriate reverse correction amount.
Hope this helps.