Roche Accu-Chek users can connect here

Hello Tommy,
Unfortunately I can't clarify any further, but you do have some options, and we do have programs you might be interested in.
If you want more info, please give us a call at (866)703-3476 and they can help you out.
If you do, let me know how it goes or how I can help out further.
Have a great day, and thanks so much for reaching out.

Actually no more wondering.. Accu-Chek's Spirit Combo was approved by the FDA. Thanks @mariebe and @accuchek_us
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fda-clears-accu-chek-combo-system---roches-new-interactive-insulin-pump-system-for-people-with-diabetes-162931906.html

I'm hoping October-ish for Combo to launch.

Actually Smartpix is now up to 3.02 but make sure you use Firefox or Opera (not IE or Chrome) with it.. otherwise some of the web options dont work right

https://www.accu-chek.com/us/customer-care/smart-pix-download.html

Quick question,will those of us who use the accu chek spirit system be upgraded to the accu chek combo system?
I was told by my sales rep that this would happen. I haven't heard anything about since the FDA approval.

So far iv heard a bit of conflicting news on the upgrades, as to who is eligible for courtesy upgrades, and who will have to buy the upgrades.. Might want to call their customer service people and check into that. Vaguely remember they were still pounding out the details

Hello everyone. I'm checking right now to make sure I get a very clear answer for you all about the upgrades. Please stay tuned.

Concerning the Spirit Combo upgrade ... I was told, by my Roche rep, that Roche would be mailing out letters to those eligible for the free upgrade sometime in October which is basically half gone. So, hopefully we'll hear something soon.

I recieved my letter yesterday. My upgrade is free. I have to go to a class that accu-chek is holding and turn in my old Spirit. The only bad thing is that the class is 84 miles from my home and I will have to take off work to go.

Interesting about the class. I was re-ordering supplies for my Spirit last week and was told about the class when getting the upgrade. Since I was just talking to the re-order folks, I didn't press it, but when I went to the Spirit from the D-Tron Plus, I took an on-line class.

I wonder if that will be an option this time, if not, why not?

I just received my letter and went online to register. During the process I was informed that my doctor prefers to do the training in their office instead of sending me to a large class. Maybe that's an option as well for those who don't live close to where the class will be held. Check with your doctor.

Check out the online training tool of the Combo. It is a great upgrade to the Spirit. I love that the pump (and tubing) can be tucked away because of the full featured remote. Unlike the Animas Ping, the remote can set temp basals. However vs. the Spirit, the Combo's Stop Your Pump screen occurs right after the Run screen instead of after Temp Basal . This adds a button press to every bolus and temp basal...a poor design decision, imo.

I am now signed up for my Combo training in December.

I also went on-line and spent some time going through the instruction, when this question occurred:

Is Roche still using the same "Compass(?)" software that they offered with the Spirit? Does the software still calculate IOB in a straight-line fashion?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

From what I can gather, something called Bolus Advice replaces the Compass software. Not positive though. I was supposed to have my training last Wednesday but my trainer ended up in the emergency room Tuesday afternoon. Haven't been able to find anything about her status yet. She's a really great person and I hope everything is okay.

Hi Mike! How's things? I hope this finds you well. The new pump will be using our Accu-Chek® 360 software. As for the IOB that's a little harder to answer.
Follow this link to get more info, and if you have questions, please give customer care a call at 800-858-8072. Product support is there 24/7/365, but support will be available until 10 p.m. M-F.
Have a good weekend!
Rob

Rob beat me to it.. It seems to be a bit more involved and smarter about calculating IOB than with the pocket compass software.. Though I still havent found where it shows the current calculated IOB without doing a fingerstick or entering carb info..

Bolus Advice is very different than how pocket compass handles things.. doesn't try to lock you out like pocket compass did.. I think learning how Bolus Advice works is part of why the retraining for upgraders..

Think many/most of us ditched the PDA and just do it on paper/in our heads.. Bolus Advice will convince you to let IT do the math.. you can always override it..

Rob,

Thanks for the link. Hmmm ... so is the SW only PC compatible?

Jake,

Thanks. Yes, I ditched the PDA and have been doing it in my head. I gave the SW about a month - got too tired of trying to fit my wacky life into its view of meal times and bolus calcs.

I am really hoping the new system plays well together, since one of my long-term concerns is what happens when my personal SW (version 1.0) crashes :) :o