Accu-Chek Connect Mobile App

Hi Everyone - I recently switched over to Accu-Check but I have been having a lot of problems with their mobile app. One of the things I was intrigued about was that there is an FDA approved bolus calculator built in, but I keep having pairing problems between the app and the meter. Anyone else having these problems or know any ways to fix it?

Thanks for your help!

Aaron

1 Like

I reached out to them on Twitter (they are quick to respond) and a gal named Shelley said

please call software support at 1-800-628-3346 so we can help

but I hope some other folks here reply to you!

Hi @Aaron_N - Thank you for starting this discussion. If you or any commentors would like to provide feedback about the app or the software support please reach out! Your comments will be received by Roche and directly used to improve the app experience. Thanks!

@MarieB would it be helpful to include a number to call in the app so you do not need to reach out via twitter? Thanks for your feedback!

@MarieB would it be helpful to include the phone number to call in the app so you do not need to reach out via twitter? Thanks for your feedback!

I guess it would. I’ve used your pumps since they were branded Disetronic and I know the phone number for tech support is on the back. a comfort.

Aaron, I just took a look at the Accu-Chek Connect app that I’ve had on my phone for a few months but have not even looked at until now. I use the InSpark Technologies Vigilant app every day.

Some first thoughts after quickly reviewing its function.

• Too much data entry! Adding in meal info and possibly a picture, including any insulin doses is just too much work. The reason I bought a wireless fingerstick meter is to make use of the automatic data-logging to utilize sophisticated analysis software to help me, not recruit me into data-entry drudgery.

• I am put-off by needing the permission of a health care provider to utilize the bolus insulin advisor. This is definitely a “no-go” item for me. I’m sure Roche will hide behind an FDA rule but I can make all these decisions myself and certainly don’t need the permission of a health care provider. I consider almost all health care providers as having way less experience and certainly less competence to asses the fundamental info needed to inform this app so that it can give me a bolus recommendation. This requirement reeks of Big Pharma patronizing and condescension. I don’t need a nanny!

I am deleting this app off of my phone. It’s obvious to me that Roche did not involve the patient community in this effort. I think their “testing in pairs” idea, however, is a solid one.

how can i also pair my meter with the accuchek app. thanks?