Roll Call! Where's everyone from!?! Just a little fun! šŸŒ

Hi! One of these days my mission is to create a sort of interactive map, that if people wanted to join in on, could show what kind of diabetes events and friends might exist right in our own area! For nowā€¦ Just a little funā€¦ Whereā€™s Everyone from? :earth_americas:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll start! I was born in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada and currently live in Boise Idaho! Im still a Canadian citizenšŸ˜œ

6 Likes

I live in Ashland, Neā€¦ A tiny town sandwiched between Omaha and Lincoln.

4 Likes

I was born in the Best City in the Universe, San Francisco. To quote Herb Caen, ā€œWhen the city is all covered with fog, itā€™s like living inside a great gray pearl.ā€ I now reside in the damp, green, and beautiful state of Oregon. I wish the entirety of San Francisco could be transplanted to Oregon.

5 Likes

@rgcainmd you are in some lucky ā€œduckā€ places lady! I LOVE both. Married in Oregon (Welches) just b/c of the green!

1 Like

I was born and grew up in Chicago, spent my working life in San Francisco, and recently moved to Portland, Oregon.

1 Like

I live about 25 miles east of Cleveland Ohio, in Painesville. I grew up in southern Ashtabula County, OH, in a small town most havenā€™t heard of (1 stoplight, just a post office and a feed mill).

1 Like

I was born in the Royal Womenā€™s Hospital in Perth, Western Australia. Grew up for the first 10 years of my life in a little town called Katanning in rural Western Australia, before my family drove to Ayr in Queensland where I spent the next 7 or so years of my life. Then Brisbane for University, followed by 10 months in Wuhan, China where I studied Mandarin just because I wanted to. This was followed by Hong Kong where I worked for about 18 months (including during the handover to China in 1997), and then to Manila, Philippines where I will shortly be celebrating my 20th year anniversaryā€¦

1 Like

Weā€™re doing our crunches in the same state! :smile_cat:

(Iā€™m in East Idaho, originally from NYS, also lived in MD and DC,)

2 Likes

Born in a tiny obscure village named Los Angeles and presently live in Dallas, a small rural town in the middle of Oregonā€™s incredibly fertile Willamette Valley. Heaven on earth as far as Iā€™m concerned. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Childhood-Ohio/Michigan. Adult-Washington DC 40 years
Retirement (second childhood) San Francisco

1 Like

I have lived my entire life in the Volunteer State (Tennessee). First nine years in Nashville the rest in Murfreesboro, TN, which is 30 something miles SE of Nashville.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve even been to Murfreesboro. Well, actually, Iā€™ve driven through it . . . :wink:

P.S. Gary didnā€™t mention it, but Murfressboro is next door to the site of one of the bloodiest battles of the civil war. (Stones River, New Yearā€™s Eve 1862, 25,000 killed or wounded; 6th costliest battle of the entire war.)

1 Like

Benton, Arkansas

2 Likes

Bellevue, WA now but lived near Philadelphia, PA for several years which is where my son was diagnosed.

1 Like

I was born in Canada and raised in Hawaii. I moved back to Canada 14 years ago.

4 Likes

Born, raised and still live in Chicago. I donā€™t move much (except by bike :smile:).

2 Likes

I was born and live in a country that is smaller than most states of the US (41), called the Netherlands.
@Thas We too move much by bike. There are more bikes than people in the Netherlands. :smile:

3 Likes

My backwards timeline:

• I live now in Oakland, California
  • Before the Bay Area I lived in Phoenix, Arizona
  • I went to college in Los Angeles
  • I grew up in central & north Orange County, California
4 Likes

I was born north of London in a country town surrounded by farms and big houses and a palace. It has now been swallowed up by North London.
I now live in Perth, Western Australia where it is pouring rain and winter cold.

5 Likes