Sharing my happiness

32 year old female. Diagnosed w/ Type 2 Feb. '09. a1c of 13.1. Put on Lantus + 500mg Glucophage twice a day. Weight=240.

Now…10 months later + 60 pounds lighter (lost it all in 6 months)… a1c is 5.1. YES. 5.1!!! Doc says I need to lose another 40 to be assured of long term regression of disease. Off Lantus. 1 500mg Glucophage with dinner. Blood pressure + cholesterol both perfect. Doc said I have the perfect health of a 20 year old non-diabetic.

How’s them apples?! I did it!!! It was FREAKING hard work to completely change my diet, get my butt up & exercising, & lose that weight but I DID IT. & it worked for me… AMEN. I’m not saying this would be a miracle cure for everyone but for me… it was.

Wow! Congratulations! I am very happy for you. I bet you feel amazing. Best wishes to you. You should be very, very proud. :wink:

Wonderful Diana! Congratulations… an amazing accomplishment indeed. You are a true inspiration =)

Love hearing the happy success stories. Those are some awesome apples! Congratulations & kudos for the hard work.

Great work!! congrats on the excellent results!

Great job Diana! that is so nice to hear that you’re feeling and doing so great. Keep up the work to keep diabetes down.

That is totally awesome. I know that sometimes we all look at being diagnosed with diabetes as some sort of curse. But really, sometimes you just have to wonder if this is perhaps a blessing in disguise. I know that before my diagnosis, I didn’t give a thought to my diet and basically never exercised. Now things are very different. You have to look in the mirror and be proud. Reach round there with your hand and give yourself a pat on the back.

Congratulations.

Way to go Diana! The way you’re going you can kiss the Glucophage goodbye!

Congratulations!

Diana:

Myspace Layouts

You deserve a bouquet of these for your accomplishments. I wish I had been able to do that!

Lois La Rose
Milwaukee, WI

Wow! Yay, you!!!

Good for you for taking the time to share your great news and happiness – and for patting yourself on the back, too.

What an accomplishment! Congratulations.

Janet

You go girl!

Hey Diana, Congratulations man… Your beta cells gotta be singing with joy! Not to mention the other singing going on in your body! Whata to me from me Christmas present!!!

This is just awesome…

Congratulation, thanks for sharing and encouraging other to make that step to recovery . Keep up the good work . With a great big hug and a pat on the back… Even those of us are type 1 learn something and watch our diet and exercise more.