Sick and Tired?

In order to get enough Vit D from sunlight, 40% of our skin needs to be exposed. After 40 years old, there are few receptors to convert sunlight into D3. D3 is not expensive at all.

check your vitamin D

No you need to do a test for the vitamin D. Its a blood test done at a Lab. Its better to let a Dr check the results before you take any supplements on your own.

I have more or less similar feelings. I want to try out anti depressants but my doctors are keeping me away from them. I have a constant anxiety over life. Have been a T1 diabetic for 18 years and i am 31 now. These feelings started only after i had severe episodes of Hypo in 2008.

I take “A/G pro” capsules and are supposed to be vitamins. I feel more depressed if i discontinue taking them. When i feel b ad i pop like 6 of them, 3 after lunch and 3 after break fast. This improves my feelings a lot and i feel quite happier.

I feel this could be mostly due to BS swings. But every one is different and diabetes treats them differently.

The only blood test that can diagnose vitamin D deficiency is a 25-hydroxyvitamin D, so make sure your doctor orders the appropriate test. It’s recommended to have levels above 50 ng/ml (125 nmol/L) year-round.

If you need supplementation, there’s not near enough Vit D3 in a multi pill. D3 is cheap.

If we were getting our D3 from sunlight, it would about 20,000 units daily. Not saying anyone should take this high a dose, but just to give you an idea of how deficient we could be.

Hi Sunshine. Sorry to hear that you ae having such a hard time. I would definitely have your thyroid tested (TSH, T3 and T4). I had Grave’s Disease (autoimmune hyperthyroid). They completely destroyed my thyroid with radioactive iodine. So, I virtually have no thyroid at all and now I am as hypothyroid as a person can get. My thyroid med has to be increased every so often (now on 200 mcg). If it is low I feel just as you described. So I really think it would be worth having it tested. Yes, you could have a Vit D deficiency. Have that checked also. You know if your body is out of whack at all it can make you feel ugh. And then there is D. How are your BGs?

Yes, once you go on Synthroid it completely takes over for your thyroid and you must take it for life. Also it sounds like a lot of people still having symptoms on this discussion are being undertreated for their hypothyroidism. I had all of the same symptoms constant pain depression fatigue brain fog etc and was on synthroid for years finally I got an endo who knows what he is doing and is very precise about getting the thyroid as close to normal as possible NOT just “in range” and he also prescribed T3 (cytomel) because my T3 was a little low which most drs do not even check but a lot of people with hypothyroid cannot make T3 out of their T4. The cytomel has made all of those symptoms DISAPPEAR!!! It is like a magic pill! Whenever my thyroid is even a “little off” it def shows in my blood glucose!!

I have been reading up on DIABETES BURNOUT, some of the feelings listed in the articles, sounds somewhat like my problems. Could this be one of the problems?

I had totally forgotten about this post and lo and behold, my doctor recently put me on Vitamin D3. So here is the surprise!!

Calcium (which is in a lot of D3 supplements, from what I've seen) interferes with the absorption of synthriod. How convenient :/

Ha! Diabetes burnout! So is it like job burnout? Go find a new job? So, then you read their suggestions and it is stuff like "make a plan to follow". Really? None of us do that, right? *rolls eyes*

Maybe I will go find a new pancreas.... :p

Hi Sunshine. I have been given instructions for taking my thyroid medication: Take it first thing in the morning, then wait an hour before eating and drinking. Lastly, wait at least four hours after taking the thyroid medication before taking a supplement with calcium in it. A bit of a nuisance, but it all soon becomes a habit, and easy to follow if you pack a pill case in the right order. Btw, I've also been told to take my D3 in the evening.

I learn something here every day! :) Thank you for this, Trudy. I take Levothyroxine and D3 and have been taking them both at the same time each morning. I have a morning pill organizer and an evening pill organizer so I'm going to shift my D3 to the evening now.

It's kind of frustrating for me because I am very organized about bringing my prescription list with me to each doctor appointment but none of my doctors have ever talked to me about *how* and *when* to take the meds.. I need to get better about asking.

Hi smileandnod. I'm glad you found my comment helpful!