Snack ideasanybody?

I almost forgot! We also like to roast butternut or calabaza squash. Cut it into 1/4" wedges, drizzle with olive oil. Add a little salt, nutmeg, & cinnamon. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees. The longer you bake it, the more it will crisp up and caramelize. Cut thinner, it’s like making your own potato chips.

We use the same method on sweet potatoes, but butternut and calabasa have half the carb count and all the same flavor. It’s like pumpkin pie in bite-size portions. They won’t stay crisp after the first few hours, but I still like them the next day as a sweet snack that doesn’t have a lot of sugar.

Greens make a great substitute for rice! Spinach is a current favorite but any kind works. You can wilt them over heat first or just put them in the bowl and pour hot steamed veggies or curry over the top. They don’t soak up the sauce quite the same way rice does but they do provide something for it to stick to, and they taste great, and they actually have some nutrients (rice doesn’t offer much in that department) – AND they don’t spike my BG. Yay, greens!