Snack Replacements

I miss crunchy, salty snacks. I used to have popcorn a lot. Not anymore. Corn chips with hot, salty, cheesy stuff on them, now your talking snacks. Now your speaking my language.

AH, CORRECTION. NOW YOUR ARE REFERING TO MY PAST. THE GOOD OLD DAYS.
What can replace the good old days???

1 Like

Macadamia nuts are my go to but have you considered pork rinds? You can top them with anything you want (there are all sorts of ideas on the internet).

1 Like

Great. I’ve tried pork rinds before and forgot all about them. Almonds are my thing

But I like them to much.

I’ll give the rinds a try.

1 Like

Pork rinds yep! My son is the one who is diabetic but he hates them. I would totally become a pork rind addict if we had them around the house.

1 Like

I like baked chick peas (not no carb, but lower carb with protein & fiber).
Whisps are baked parmesan crackers (sold at Costco)–these can also be made at home.
Pumpkin seeds.
And yes, nuts!

1 Like

Try Edamame in the pod. A little salt or spice to taste. Yeah soy bean I know. And carb but mainly fibre. I don’t bolus for edamame.

2 Likes

https://asweetlife.org/low-carb-dorito-cheese-crisps/

1 Like

I just discovered Whisps a couple months ago—they are the most fantabulous quick-grab-it-low-carb-yummy-salty snack Ever!!!..

For years, lightly salted popcorn with a ton of butter has been another great non-sweet snack. If I don’t devour a humongous bowl all by myself, it still works–and being a butter junky, a small serving goes a long way…

For sweet treats…a square or two of super dark chocolate does the trick, or any of a gazillion different items made with a sugar substitute—unfortunately, those can fool you easily—either by cheating on the labelling, or stirring up the damn sweet tooth in a nasty way—LOL…Experiment and have lots of fun doing it—oh and keep good notes!

I’ll have to try Whisps.

I too was a huge fan of popcorn back in the day.

I still treat myself to the occasional piece of 70% chocolate.

Glenn

1 Like